Last year at the American Society for Quality (ASQ) World Conference on Quality and Improvement I had the opportunity to record an interview about how Lean and quality can have an impact on sports organizations. The interview series is known as ASQ Quality for Life, and the series covers quality concepts having an effect on personal and professional lives.
– Similarities and differences between sports organizations and small businesses
– Value-added time vs. non-value-added time
– Technology implementation vs. process improvement
– Invisible costs and wastes beyond money incurred by fans
– “Lean is important because we waste less time doing non-value-added activities and (spend) more time selling!”
– Lean and waste reduction strategies that impact customer satisfaction
If you want to see the video live on the ASQ Quality for Life page and to check out the other interviews, check out the page here.